EDITION: Fight Forum
MMA & UFC FORUM BOXING FORUM WRESTLING FORUM EVERYTHING ELSE FAQs
LIVE FORUMS FOR MMA, UFC, AND OTHER FIGHTING
Registered Users, Log In Here
deal between the Pens

vv1122365

Posted 2:33 am, 11/20/2018

With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Padres Eric Hosmer Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Is that Your Final Answer? The Pittsburgh Penguins are reportedly ponying up in their efforts to lure Ryan Kesler out of Vancouver. Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources. “A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks " likely a first- and third-round " and the Canucks choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday. Rossi continued to say that it is possible the deal could involve another player going in either direction, but that Penguins GM Ray Shero was only looking to acquire Kesler. Goalies Gone Wild The Minnesota Wild are apparently very much in the market for an upgrade between the pipes. According to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher is after a netminder and was even in on discussions for former Buffalo keeper Ryan Miller before getting priced out. So, who fits the bill for Minnys playoff push? Russo drops a lengthy list that spans from new Sabres acquisition Jarsolav Halak to established number ones like Martin Brodeur and Cam Ward to enigmatic Oilers netminder Ilya Bryzgalov. Snowfall Warning? Could this be Paul Stastnys last week as a member of the Colorado Avalanche? The Denver Posts Adrian Dater writes that if the Avs are unable to get the 28-year-old re-upped before the deadline, they could deal him rather than risk losing him for nothing over the summer as an unrestricted free agent. "You want to keep winning and dont want to break that chemistry, but at the same time if something happens, it happens. Its just part of the business. Some things I cant control and I just worry about what I can control " and thats playing hockey," Stastny told the Post. Dater believes the Avs could probably expect a young defenseman in return and one that might still have time left on an existing deal or, if not, a pending restricted free agent. Call Me, Maybe? Jaromir Jagr is an intriguing name to watch prior to Wednesday. The 42-year-old just became the NHLs seventh 700-goal scorer and " as a pending unrestricted free agent " could be an attractive veteran addition for many teams as they push towards the post-season. But the iconic Czech winger cautions that any team looking for his services should probably run it by him first. “The situation with me is I think if any team would try to trade for me they would probably ask me first if I wanted to go there,” Jagr told the Star-Ledger after the New Jersey Devils Saturday win over the New York Islanders. “I dont have a contract (for next season) and Im 42 years old. What if I decided to go home? Nobody is going to give any draft picks or players for me if they dont know. “Same thing happened when I went to Boston (from Dallas last season). They called before. So Im probably going to know whats going on before.” Padres Craig Stammen Jersey . Felton pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm. He admitted he knowingly had a large-capacity ammunition magazine and a semi-automatic pistol without a license. Padres Jose Castillo Jersey . Various media outlets, including the Detroit Free Press, indicate a deal is close, while USA Today cited an unidentified person directly involved with the negotiations as saying the pact is for two years.GREEN BAY, Wis. - Aaron Rodgers makes tough throws that can leave fans of the Green Bay Packers speechless.It is best to stay quiet when it comes to perhaps the most impressive statistic from the quarterbacks MVP-caliber season.Going into Monday nights game at Lambeau Field against the Atlanta Falcons, Rodgers has thrown 360 straight passes at home without an interception. The stretch includes 31 consecutive touchdown passes at Lambeau without a pick.Both are NFL records. Thats two years without an interception in Titletown for Rodgers.Now please stop talking about this.I dont know, I just dont like throwing the ball to the opponent, Rodgers said when asked why he has played at an exceptionally high level at home.The topic doesnt come up in the quarterbacks room. This sounds like the football equivalent to a pitcher in baseball being ignored while trying to toss a no-hitter.Hes on a good streak right now, position coach Alex Van Pelt said. Well just keep rolling with that.Just like how the Packers have rolled to a 6-0 record at Lambeau this season. Rodgers has thrown 20 touchdown passes to no picks in 182 attempts at home. His home quarterback rating of 134.4 is 30 points higher than his rating on the road " which would be an impressive enough rating alone.Compare that to Atlantas Matt Ryan, who has a respectable 93.7 quarterback rating overall. For Ryan, Rodgers run is worth watching.Ive always in the off-season taken a look at what theyve done and how hes played. He certainly does as good a job if not better than anybody at extending plays and making things happen after things break down, Ryan said. Hes been doing that his entire career.These last two years, especially, have been exceptional.Rodgers last interception at Lambeau came Dec. 2, 2012. With 6:03 left in the third quarter of a 24-13 win over Minnesota, Rodgers pass on second-and-6 from the Packers 44 intended for Greg Jennings was picked off by safety Harrison Smith.Fittingly, Rodgers was 6 of 6 the rest of the game after the interception. Hes gone 12 straight games at Lambeau since without an interception, having been limited to just four regular-season home games in 2013 because of a colllarbone injury. Padres Joey Lucchesi Jersey. The streak is cited in the teams game notes. Its been talked about on Twitter and mentioned on game broadcasts and highlight shows.But two locker stalls away from Rodgers, backup quarterback Matt Flynn also said the streak isnt conversation material on the team.Of course, it helps any quarterback to play at home, where an offence typically doesnt have to deal with crowd noise. There is the added benefit of being familiar with the surroundings, and playing without having to travel.The schedule has also had the Packers playing in tough environments on the road. This season, Rodgers had an interception in Seattle in the opener off a deflection. He threw two picks at New Orleans.Who knows what would happen if we were (at home) playing those teams. Cant say, Flynn said. Theres definitely comfort with this offence to run it without a ton of crowd noise ... I dont have a good answer, I guess.On Monday, it is Atlantas turn to try to solve Rodgers. The Falcons, while statistically the worst defence in the NFL, have 14 interceptions.Defensive co-ordinator Mike Nolan said watching Rodgers reminds him of the way the Packers previous starting quarterback, Brett Favre, used to make plays on the fly.At no time is he not in a position to really make a throw. Obviously he still has the natural ability, but I dont see that prototypical, mechanical look. He plays ball to win, Nolan said. Favre was a tremendously exciting player to watch because of all those things. (Rodgers) is every bit as exciting.Rodgers doesnt take quite the gambles that Favre would take deep. But it doesnt mean Rodgers doesnt take risks.On one play against New England, Rodgers rolled right and sent what seemed like a dangerous pass at just the right time down the right sideline for a 28-yard completion to running back James Starks.Thats definitely a risky throw, but the (defender) had his back turned, Van Pelt said. Rodgers is doing a great job of making good decisions.___AP Sports Writer Charles Odum and Associated Press writer George Henry in Flowery Branch, Georgia contributed to this story.___AP NFL websites: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From ChinaCheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins JerseysCheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Your Reply

Your Username:

Your Password:

Add Reply
Cancel
IN THE NEWS
Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole picks the winner of Henry Cejudo-T.J. Dillashaw superfight
The significance of the bout alone adds spice and intrigue, as Dillashaw is bidding to become just the fourth fighter in UFC history to hold two be...