EDITION: Fight Forum
MMA & UFC FORUM BOXING FORUM WRESTLING FORUM EVERYTHING ELSE FAQs
LIVE FORUMS FOR MMA, UFC, AND OTHER FIGHTING
Registered Users, Log In Here
http://www.chargerscheapshops.com

chenyan94

Posted 8:13 pm, 01/11/2019

Most teams would not want their bye-week break to happen during a four-game winning streak. It comes at a good time [url= http://www.chargerscheapsho...rsey]Cheap Jahleel Addae Jersey[/url] , though, for the Los Angeles Chargers.At 5-2, they have a winning record during their off week for the first time since 2014 despite not having one of their key defensive standouts play a game. Los Angeles is hoping Joey Bosa will be available when it begins preparations for its Nov. 4 game at Seattle.Bosa has been out since early in training camp with a foot injury. He has spent the last two weeks rehabbing at the team facility during the team's road games at Cleveland and Tennessee in London."I think it's going to be really important for him," coach Anthony Lynn said last week about the bye week for Bosa. "It'll give us another week and not have the stress of missing a game. I think it can do nothing but help him."The Chargers struggled with their pass rush early in the season, but have 10 sacks over the past three games, which is tied for fourth-most in the league during that span. Defensive ends Isaac Rochell, Melvin Ingram and Darius Philon each have two sacks.Bosa's return would create more matchup problems for opposing offenses. He has 23 career sacks in two seasons, including an NFL-record 19 in his first 20 games. The Chargers are ranked 16th in the league in total defense and have struggled on third down as opponents are converting 46.1 percent of the time. That is the third-worst percentage in the league.Offensively, Philip Rivers is off to one of the best starts of his 15-year career. He's second in the league with a 117.8 passer rating and has a completion rate of 69.1 percent. Rivers' favorite target over the past three games has been Tyrell Williams, who has 10 receptions for 302 yards and three touchdowns.Melvin Gordon is fifth in the league in yards rushing (466), but missed the game against Tennessee due to a hamstring injury. Lynn said he held Gordon out in the hopes the injury would not linger and that the fourth-year back would be ready for the last two months of the regular season.Gordon is averaging 5.1 yards per carry, which is over a yard better than his career average of 3.95 yards. He also has 30 receptions and is on pace to surpass his career high of 58 from last season."I don't know what it is, we're just 'clicking' right now," Williams said. "Everybody is trusting the running backs to run and catch. Receivers are making plays and the offensive line is playing really well."The Chargers will also need to make a decision about their kicker next week. Caleb Sturgis has missed four extra points in five games before suffering a quadriceps injury on Oct. 10. Michael Badgley has made all three of his field-goal attempts and is 7 of 7 on extra points.Los Angeles is looking to make the playoffs for the first time since 2013 and has put itself in good position. Its schedule is favorable in November as it will face only one team with a winning record. The December slate will be more of a challenge as it includes a late-season trifecta against Cincinnati (Dec. 9), at Kansas City (Dec. 13) and then Baltimore on Dec. 22."We've kind of picked up, in some ways, where we left off last year (when the Chargers won nine of their final 12)," Rivers said. "We need to keep it going, though. We know the great teams sustain that over the long haul."Follow Joe Reedy at joereedy Try as he might [url= http://www.chargerscheapsho...rsey]Cheap Denzel Perryman Jersey[/url] , Von Miller just can't find anything bad to say about Philip Rivers anymore."I've always enjoyed going against Philip," Miller said Thursday. "Well, I'm lying. I didn't use to always like going against Philip. I really didn't like the guy until like two years ago."That's when the Broncos' star pass rusher got to know the Chargers' star quarterback at the Pro Bowl."When we kicked it at the Pro Bowl, I was just blown away about what type of guy he was on and off the football field," Miller said. "And I got a lot of respect for him."Miller said that if Rivers were surrounded by the talent the likes of which Tom Brady, Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger have enjoyed throughout their careers, "he'd have multiple Super Bowls just like those guys."Miller and Rivers face each other for the 15th time Sunday when the reeling Broncos (3-6), losers of six of their last seven, face the red-hot Chargers (7-2), who have won six in a row.Miller said the only reason he used to despise Rivers was the uniform he wears."I just didn't like him because he played for the Chargers," Miller said.It wasn't so hard for him to come around to liking the guy, however."You ride on the bus at the Pro Bowl and in the locker room you're just around the guys and you're like, 'Man, this guy's cool. I like this guy.' He's a great father. He's a great leader for the Chargers," Miller said. "I know some guys over there in Melvin Ingram and Melvin Gordon and they say the same thing about him."Everybody loves him. I've got a lot of respect for him and this game's going to be a good one."Miller said so many other defenders are bothered by Rivers because of his talent and renowned trash talk."I wouldn't say it's trash because his trash talking really doesn't bother me: 'Got the first down, sucker!' It really doesn't bother me. Some guys it does, but not me," Miller said. "I like playing against Philip. He's a good guy."Miller has sacked Rivers 15 times , by far the most of any quarterback he's ever faced and almost twice as many times as No. 2 on the list [url= http://www.chargerscheapsho...sey]Tyrell Williams Jersey[/url] , Alex Smith, with eight.Rivers said Miller is even more dangerous opposite rookie Bradley Chubb.Combined, they have 17 sacks so far."Those are two really good rushers, really good football players," Rivers said. "I think Von plays the heck out of the run. So does Chubb."Miller said Rivers has never been better.He's getting the ball out quicker than ever, the Chargers' ground game is the best it's been in years and L.A.'s O-line is playing exceptionally well, all reasons Rivers has only been sacked a dozen times so far."It's the best Chargers team that I have played in my career," said Miller, an eighth-year pro.So, who's replaced Rivers atop Miller's enemies list?"I don't really have any enemies at quarterback," Miller said. "Now, offensive linemen, it's different. But you know quarterbacks, whenever I get close to them they fall or they run away. Those are the type of pants I like to wear."I'm pretty cool with quarterbacks. It's a quarterbacks' league, so I'm friendly with all the quarterbacks."And pretty good at buttering them up, too. [url= http://www.nflshopoutlet.co...als]Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys[/url]

Your Reply

Your Username:

Your Password:

Add Reply
Cancel
IN THE NEWS
Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole picks the winner of Henry Cejudo-T.J. Dillashaw superfight
The significance of the bout alone adds spice and intrigue, as Dillashaw is bidding to become just the fourth fighter in UFC history to hold two be...